View Single Post

Old 01-09-2012, 02:39 AM

Liked 993 Times in 378 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksdallas View Post
I am looking at purchasing this revolver. Do you think $325 is a good price for a S&W Model 64-5 K-Frame .38sp?

Here are some pics. It is used, but looks great. It had an action job and hogue grips. I have no other details about it. I think the price is fair, but obviously want to make sure. Thanks!!

Side note - what do you think about the gun itself?

Attachment 63044

Attachment 63045

Attachment 63046

Attachment 63047
There's been a flood of model 64s as "police turn-ins" lately. They've ranged in price from $210 to $290. Condition has been fair to good and some very good. For an internet sale add shipping and transfer fees. You're in the high ballpark depending if you have to add sales tax or any other fees. If it's from your LGS the condition woud have to be very good for me to pay that price though. Try GunsAmerica.com with Robertson Trading Company as the seller to compare. Of course the touchy feely thing may be worth a premium since you know exactly what you're getting. IMHO the action job is worthless and may actually be a negative since you don't know who did it and what they did. It might feel ok but it could be butchered inside. Rubber Houge grips are as common as dirt and would consider them as the minimum only to say the gun "has" grips. I wouldn't consider them a plus or a minus.

I think $300 to $310 would be a very fair price. But, I've never been known to quibble over ten or fifteen dollars.

P.S. I don't know if the 64-5 is a transitional piece or not, but my 64-5 has the old style cylinder latch release. I have seen other 64-5 with the new cylinder latch button. I just don't know if some came that way or they were swapped out.

Last edited by Tyrod; 01-09-2012 at 02:48 AM.