View Single Post

Old 01-10-2012, 08:39 PM
US Veteran
Absent Comrade

Liked 16,154 Times in 7,408 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frikkie View Post
Dankie T-Star. Thanks for the feedback, I appreciate it. After looking more closely I realize it is not exactly the same gun as Swissman. This is the Astra .38 Special Cadix 4 inch barrel and not the 6 inch barrel. Seems like the regular DA if I am not mistaken? and it is definately the .38 and not .357. More info on this gun welcome! See my photos attached.

T-Star, I like the Afrikaans! It is Mooi Meise and I think you were looking for the word Likkewaan (monitor lizard). We can shoot game here on game farms, but for now I will stick to some target practicing.

Thanks,
Frikkie
Frikkie-

You can easily tell if the gun has selective DA just by pulling the trigger and seeing if that works and if you can also cock the hammer for a shorter SA pull. Probably so, and the Cadix is a more practical gun for general carry than Swissman's larger target model.

Do you know if the Likkewaan/Nile monitor ever attacks people there? There is a breeding population of them in Florida, from released pets, and they have been eating pets and scaring people. I read that they can grow to eight feet.

Thanks for the mooi meise spelling. BTW, Candice Swanepoel comes from a town called Mooi River, I think in Natal. Saw it on some entertainment show.

Your photos are just red X's, but I know what the Cadix looks like. I think I may have read that the grips can be adjusted to suit your hand and the grip angle better. Maybe just on some versions?