View Single Post

Old 01-11-2012, 10:00 AM
US Veteran
Absent Comrade

Liked 16,154 Times in 7,408 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frikkie View Post
hey T-Star

I've changed the photos to public, hopefully the pictures will show now in the post above?

Thanks for clarifying that, it is then definitely DA, I can pull the trigger or cock the hammer for shorter SA pull. Yes, the Cadix 4inch barrel seems more practical size for house gun.

I dont know of any incidents where the Nile monitor attacked people here, they get big but they are very shy and you rarely see them and it would normally run away if you approach it. We do have some problems with Pythons catching pets in the farm areas.

I live in Pretoria, Gauteng, which is about a six hour drive to Mooi River. I will put in a good word for you if I see Candice Swanepoel here in South Africa... lol.

Is the photos showing now, I dont see anywhere where I can adjust the grip of the .38 special...

Frikkie

Frikkie-

Ja, I see the photos above now. Look at the way the grip plates fit the frame. It looks as if you might be able to loosen the grip screw and rock them back or forth a bit and get a different fit. Then, re-tighten the screw. ?? Maybe someone knows more. I gather that you didn't get a factory manual?

I'll ask on another board and see if anyone there knows about this, and tell you if they do.

I imagine that Candice visits her family in Mooi River, but she seems to live in London and in New York. I believe she has dated another (male) model in London for several years. You can find quite a few videos of her on YouTube. She is one of the Victoria's Secret spokesmodels, called Angels.

I also saw a pictorial on another Afrikaaner model named Candice Boucher. Swanepoel is blonde; Boucher has brown hair. Of course, Charlize Theron lives here now, and is probably the most famous Afrikaaner woman in the world. Don't know that I'd want to date her, though. She seems to hold pretty typical Hollywood values, although I think she sees through the plastic nonsense and smirks about it. But she is also pretty "PC". Probably has to be, to nurture her movie career. Anyway, I think she's taller than I am.

Thanks for the word on the Nile monitor. They seem to have an aggressive attitude in Florida. Burmese pythons are now common there, but I don't know of any attacks on humans yet. I've read that the pet trade regards the African Rock Python as an aggressive species, but the pet business is not the same as seeing the snakes in the wild.

Is the Musgrave gun business still there? I saw some of their rifles here at the SHOT show years ago, but sanctions ultimately prevented them being imported.

BTW, I once sold an article on South African wines to a major newspaper's food section. We do see those here, and sanctions are a thing of the past, thankfully.

Oh: funny story. I once helped a Dallas college girl who had been hired to help two men from your consulate in New Orleans at the Texas State Fair, a large event. They went to lunch, and she couldn't answer some questions from visitors. I answered most, and got her 'phone number and we dated for several months. The guys from the consulate were so happy with my interest and knowledge that they gave me some Castle lager and a subscription to, "South African Panorama", a beautiful magazine. And I published an opinion editorial in the, "Dallas Morning News" defending South Africa's positions of the day. I called it, "The Other Side of the Krugerrand." It was about the only positive thing that I read about your country in those days, in the mainstream press. Can't say more here without getting political, and that was yesterday, anyway. The world has changed.

T-Star

Last edited by Texas Star; 01-11-2012 at 10:07 AM.