View Single Post

Old 01-14-2012, 10:52 AM

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

As this is my first post, I'm sure it doesn't carry much weight, but here goes just the same. I have an M&P40 with the APEX DCAEK and RAM kits installed. VERY easy to do yourself, and you'll gain a better understanding of how your weapon functions which is invaluable when troubleshooting any malfunction. Can't put a price on knowledge!

The DCAEK kit does pretty much just what a gunsmith would do to modify the sear and striker block. The uptick in my way of thinking is that the APEX parts are machined that way, whereas there is always possibility for error when modifying parts - you can never put material back on. The APEX kit also comes with a few different spring choices to allow you to tailor the feel of your weapon to your personal preference. As mentioned before, you can always go back to stock if you are not happy with the results (not likely).

The end result is night and day! The kit does everything they say it will, and a few things they don't. Next time you are running a dry-fire wall drill, watch your front sight for movement. When the trigger breaks, the sight will inevitably jump left the slightest bit. It is going to happen regardless of your trigger pull - it is the mechanics of the weapon. After the kit is installed, this jump is gone. Less weapon movement always equals more accuracy.

The guys I shoot with have a wide variety of experience with different handguns - M9, PX4, Glock, Ruger, Sig, XDM, Kimber, etc. The action that gets the most comments and appreciation? The M&P. Not bad considering that the pistol plus parts and I'm in for 2/3 the cost of some of the competition.
The Following User Likes This Post: