View Single Post

Old 01-16-2012, 01:03 AM

Liked 10 Times in 9 Posts

I installed the Apex DCAEK and the RAM. There are you tube videos that show excellent detail. This was my first time doing anything like this and with a few tools, it was easy.

The RAM is an often debated install, at least up here. But I DO feel the trigger reset and actually hear it. Then the secondary benefit and 1 that is not a necessity, unless this is a high use firearm, is the ability to reset the trigger manually, should the trigger spring break.

In my state the trigger pull is 10lbs by regulation. Everyone does a GS or Apex install.

I just bought a new M&P and ran some rounds through it to be sure there were no issues, prior to Apex install. I had the ability to shoot my Apex install vs factory piece. HUGE differenc!!!

I love the M&P and with the Apex kit installs, trigger pull 5.5lbs, grit gone during travel, enhanced reset and an all round awesome gun.

Another big benefit is you get much more familiar with how the mechanicals work. This can help if you have problems during competition or at the range. I also kept the old parts in my range box, so if an unlikely part failure occurs, like a broken spring I can be back up shooting in no time.

I am putting these both Apex kits i my new M&P tomorrow.

Good luck and great shooting!!!