Thread: Case cleaning
View Single Post

Old 01-16-2012, 10:21 PM
US Veteran

Liked 6,195 Times in 2,575 Posts
Default super clean

Hi again-I read the link that was posted, and thank you again. They don't want you to get this stuff in your eyes, or inhale it, and of course, like most non-food items, they don't want you to swallow it! 1/8 cup = 2 tablespoons-that's how much of each ingredient was in a gallon of hot water-not much! I have used super clean since it came out years ago-and I have gotten a nose full of the fumes while using it outside on automotive applications, and it will definitely dry out the skin on your hands if you get it-or leave it on there, but so will the citric acid, and it's a food product, like white vineger (acid). The link's only dangerous rating was from ingesting the stuff. We have to keep kids and animals away from all kinds of chemicals, etc, but I would estimate that many of us use and handle much scarier stuff than this on a regular basis without much of a thought. I read the exstensive list of uses on the lable, and it looks like I am somewhere in the mix with my application; the only admonition is to make sure it is well rinsed from metal. I am not advocating this solution, as I said, that is up to the individual, so I don't see the need for a protracted discussion. If you want to considder a dangerous material, maybe we should all be more careful handling lead. Annie Oakley died of lead poisoning, after yaers of handling bullets. Thanks again for your thoughts. Flapjack.