View Single Post

Old 01-17-2012, 12:19 PM

Liked 80 Times in 43 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwever View Post
Okay, this post has a lot of overly generalized assumptions, and in totality, the thread ended up moving me towards my Glock:..........I carry the Glock more and more,
Well then, aren't you glad that you came to this thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost Lake View Post
S&W has a video where they dunk the M&P in a pail of mud and pull it out and shoot it. Glock had a demo where they'd fill their gun with sand and shoot it.

I don't think any of my revolvers would like to be dragged through mud, and I wouldn't trust them to work if they were.
They wouldn't like it at all. it only takes a little filth in the barrel/cylinder gap or some at the rear around the ratchet or under it and the revolver cylinder wont turn. If it wont turn it wont shoot even one round. That is why the world's armed forces left them behind decades ago. yeah I know most of us here are not going to war but i've seen mud and grit right here in the States. ideally all of that junk shouldn't be in your carry; of course ideally you shouldn't ever have the need to shoot anyone. Murphy should keep his sorry butt out of out guns but he'll slip in if he can.

Quote:
Originally Posted by auburn2 View Post
Bet they were shooting 9mms.
probably; those things wouldn't kill a sick tofu munchin' hippie, and probably wouldn't leave more than a slight bruise on a big strong young man who had used his food stamps wisely. 9mm is very harmless, that's why it was used in both world wars; in the second one it saw widespread use on both sides in pistols as well as SMG's. But today almost 110 years after it was introduced everyone knows that it is harmless