View Single Post

Old 01-17-2012, 04:25 PM

Liked 33 Times in 29 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by shep854 View Post
People have been shot in the head with .45ACP and recovered.
Placement, placement, placement!
indeed and I remember them mentioning something along the lines of that in an old Lee Marvin film called "Point Blank" about a small caliber rifle

and those officers were probably under stress and well when you've got 15 in the mag you tend to forget that bullet placement is the priority, not spraying him till he's dead and also you are far more likely to spray than a guy with a single stack pistol if you have a double stack, as you know that fact and its always in the back of your mind when using one.

basically its a psychological thing not a caliber failing and that happened in Kingston Texas when they first switched over to the glocks in the early 1990's or atleast thats what my father told me he remembered reading in the paper there when he was working there all those years ago.

but anyways thats contrary to what this thread was started for, simply put I'd say a revolver as long as you can master DA shooting, once you do that and learn to reload it proficiently a revolver is the go to gun of choice and you can handle anything if you can master DA revolver shooting after that.

not the semi auto as you dont have to worry about an extractor breaking, following the tap and rack procedure if the mag isnt seated properly, jamming or anything else that can go wrong with a semi auto like a little sand jamming up the slide or any of the mechanisms, I mean there was a reason why even though people had semi autos in the early 1900's revolvers were still the go to choice in the west and were the go to choice until the 1970's

plus the speedloaders are bulletproof as well unlike a well used magazine, its just that if you cant handle the DA trigger, having a little extra bulk and living with the fact that you only have 5-9 based on the revolver (10 to 18 if you carry two of them, negating the need for a speedloader) its not for you, its that simple

for me though I'm an archaic guy anyways so its the revolver as the more I go in the opposite direction of the curve the happier I get with most things, except computers, thats the one place the latter model is 9 times out of 10 better than the old one.

Last edited by Kavinsky; 01-17-2012 at 04:33 PM.