View Single Post

Old 01-18-2012, 04:41 PM

Liked 3,590 Times in 816 Posts
Default For the same money revolvers win

I'm no expert, just a shooter. I have only been shooting for 35 years so I'm still sorta new at it. I have yet to find any semi automatic in the same price range as my used K38 masterpiece than can come close to to shooting as well. Yes there are a few super tuned race guns, custom built jobs that can keep up with my lowly stock out of the box S&W, but then they cost six to ten times as much. How much is a good shooter grade Model 14 these days? $4-500 ???, I dare you to find a $4-500 semi automatic that can keep up with a Model 14. Or how well could a revolver shoot if I were to drop 2-3k in custom gunsmithing for a pure purpose built hole puncher. The only out of the box semi I have shot that equals or possibly surpasses my M14 is a model 52, they are only double to triple the cost of a revolver.

I believe I have better accuracy with a firearm that has a barrel and sights fixed to the frame rather than a floating barrels and moving sights that may change position buy a half a thousandth between shots.

Last edited by Smith357; 01-18-2012 at 04:46 PM.
The Following 4 Users Like Post: