View Single Post

Old 01-18-2012, 11:35 PM

Liked 12 Times in 4 Posts
Default PUSSER'S 41 MAG.

S&W brought out the Model 58 in July of 1964. The beginning serial numbers started for the first production year (S-prefix) #S-258032 to S-260632 first production run started started July 10 1964. Months later the guns would have started appearing on gun shop shelves. (Fact: Pusser was carrying a .41 mag Smith in 1964 the first year of his first term as Sheriff of McNairy Co.) This info on the production dates is in S&W's Factory Book by S&W historian Roy Jinks. The Serial number listed here in this blog is NOT correct.

Deputy Petie Plunk , Buford's deputy for several years, told me that Pusser's nickel .41mag had fixed sights consistant with the model 58. Plunk also confirmed Pusser's Nickel .41 magnum was stolen from his home during a burglary and was never recovered. Maybe thats why (IF, someone does possess Pusser's 41mag.)they do not wish to be identified.

I always try to get facts straight before I speak. There have been numerous curators at the museum thru the years passing out less than accurate information. I have lost track at how many (curators) have come and gone. The Moffett girls were usually on top of the facts when they were there. Their father Jim, served under Pusser as a Deputy.

Last edited by okfive-o; 01-18-2012 at 11:44 PM.
The Following 5 Users Like Post: