View Single Post

Old 01-19-2012, 09:06 AM

Liked 30 Times in 11 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckprax View Post
I have to agree with the above posts. Semi-autos are inherently more accurate than revolvers because there can be minor variations in each chamber of a revolver. A revolver is generally easier to shoot well because of the superior single action trigger, a 1911 is about the only semi-auto that can compare.

I have found that once I could shoot my revolvers well in DA I can pick up most any gun and shoot pretty well.
Revolvers have consistant alignment of the barrel, Grip, and sights, that never moves or changes. Semi autos have a fixed barrel and chamber but most like a 1911 have a moving slide that has the sights and a moving barrel. Semi Autos have some paly in that system so they can function. That means unlike a revolver the barrel, sight and grip alignment changes with each shot, Unless the gun is a Fixed barrel blow back like a model 41. Unless there is something wrong with it an unSmithed revolver in the $500-700 price range, is going to out shoot a $500-700 factory stock semi auto.