View Single Post

Old 01-20-2012, 01:10 PM

Liked 5,630 Times in 1,544 Posts

"Thankyou MacA for pointing me in the right direction and Thankyou snw19_357 for your reply as you come highly recommended on the subject of all things model 19. The SWSC 3rd edition page 186 lists a variation of the Model 19 produced in 1965 for the Office of Naval intelligence with 4" Barrel, Roundbutt, Service trigger, Standard hammer, red ramp front sight with white outline rear sight. The variant I have is a 2.5" RR front sight "without" the white outline rear sight. Teezer posted a picture of his 19-3 2.5" serial # 10KXXXX with a RR front sight, I am sending him a PM to see if it has the white outline rear sight.

Again Thankyou for your input as it is very much appreciated.
BB"
I think you and I spoke before about this pistol in the hands of one of my friends. He's deployed at the moment, but I was pretty sure his front sight was yellow, and he assures me it is a red ramp. Otherwise, his is exactly as you describe. The only problem is that his grips are "wrong" in every way. It came to him with Pachmayr compac RUGER SPEED SIX grips on it. They "fit" and it functioned fine. I provided him a set of factory round butt combat grips as a gift for his 30th birthday, and I think he's since gotten something else on there, and moved the combats to another revolver. It's a very interesting piece, for sure.