View Single Post

Old 01-23-2012, 03:27 AM

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Hi, just stumbled across this forum (researching a postwar USAF model 15-2) and had to join. I have several Victorys to add to your database. I can post pic's if you think they are needed. reply with your Email and I'll send you the rest of the serial #'s if you need them, I'm just a little uncomfortable with posting them ...Thank's in advance for any info you can provide.. John

1) V1763xx , 2" barrel (confirmed with factory letter), "UNITED STATES PROPERTY' marked top strap. I don't have the letter handy at the moment to see where the gun was shipped, but gun was purchased from vet who brought it home from Vietnam. ( I bought all his flight gear, VERY interesting individual, ex. USAF who flew various aircraft out of several bases in Thailand..)

2) V1794xx, 4" barrel, "US NAVY" marked top strap, unissued, one of 3 consecutive serial numbered guns that were brought home by a USN pilot who flew with VF-4 in WW2 ( he would only sell me one gun, so I don't know the other serials exactly...) No S&W letter yet on this gun.

3) V1642xx, 4" barrel, "U.S. Navy" marked top strap. Bought this gun and it's holster from another USN pilot along with his helmet, goggles, and several flight suits. ( he flew F6F Hellcats)

4) V84960, 5" barrel, 38 S&W, lend lease gun, "UNITED STATES PROPERTY" top strap, reimport, lots of british (?) proofs
The Following User Likes This Post: