View Single Post

Old 01-26-2012, 11:10 PM

Liked 394 Times in 221 Posts
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by OKFC05 View Post
I've been shooting revolvers in competion for a lot of years, and I wouldl not call these "upgrade" kits.
They are specialized spring sets for people who are more interested in the lighest trigger pulls for range use, and not do much interested in maximum reliability with all ammo for defense use.
Second point: grabbing a handful of aftermarket springs and tossing them into a revolver is not optimum and often not productive. Suggest you get Mr Miculek's excellent videos on revolvers and look at what it takes for a full competition setup. First comes the fitting and smoothing, and then selecting springs for the purpose at hand.
Springs are inexpensive, VERY easy to install, simple to test, and make no permanent change to the revolver.

'Fitting and smoothing': almost NONE of the above.

Few people here, by percent, compete with their revolvers.

But, many people like to smooth out and lighten the trigger pull in a revolver used only at the range, and spring kits are ideal for this.

I've been doing it since the 1970's, with no harm to ANY of my revolvers. I used to buy 'Bullseye spring kits', though I cannot remember the manufacturer. Trapper Guns... something or another (?).

Now I get springs from Wolffs, as do so many others. They work very well.