View Single Post

Old 02-01-2012, 12:46 AM
US Veteran

Liked 1,390 Times in 324 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rivers2k View Post
Thank you all for your input! I was unaware of not allowing 7 shots in competition. There really aren't any competitions around me (I live in Upstate NY) but if one where to come up I would like to have that option.

@bryan87 thanks for the info on the weight. I should have looked that up and not just gone by how it felt.

@roundgunner I like the looks of the ssr better but the finish is what worries me. Do you have trouble cleaning the carbon off at all? Does the bead blast finish show scratches more than other finishes? Since you have both the 686 and the 686 ssr is there one that you prefer to shoot for a regular range day.

I compete using a Kydex holster as they are faster. It scratches any gun but, with a regular finish you can polish it out. With the bead blast finish, not so much.

I take any carbon off all my stainless guns with a light rub of a polish rag.

To me the feel while trying to shoot fast is the same, while doing a more easy pace the SSR has a bit better trigger. However, I have redone both triggers and springs so you can't really use anything as a base line to judge.

Sorry I can't be more help but as many have said, the biggest thing is looks.

Good luck.