View Single Post

Old 02-02-2012, 11:47 PM

Liked 95 Times in 52 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SW CQB 45 View Post
I have been instructing firearms to cadets this week. Today a cadet brought a G17 to class with a Vicker's slide lock/release.

That part is the best I have ever encountered on a glock for lever release of a slide on a glock. I think I want one for my toy G35/34.

I do push over the top of the slide grasp with these glocks.

I have a question on your MPs......do you know if the MP has a smaller grip than the Gen 4 glock?
SW CQB 45,
I don't have much experience with the Gen4 Glocks (yet) and have yet to see the measurements. My M&P40C with the small backstrap on it can be shot by people about half the size of our 21 year old recruits. I'll leave it at that. I will also say that a buddy has a Gen4 G17 and while the somewhat arched backstrap feels better than my G23 felt I much prefer the feel of the M&P for three reasons.

1) The M&P interchangable backstraps have a rubbery feel which helps keep them tacky when your hands are sweaty.

2) The M&P interchangable backstraps have palm swells available in the medium and large sizes which also help fill your hand.

3) The M&P interchangable backstraps have a tab at the top on the large size right underneath the tang and that feels nicer than just having the web of your hand hitting the polymer.

Of course some of my co-workers would argue that you can put a plastic grip sleeve on just about any pistol and add tackiness, finger grooves, palm swells, etc. Heck, we even went for a while putting on about 2" of bicycle innertube on the grips of pistols for recruits so that they would have something a little tackier to hold on to. The range staff started doing that back when we carried 4046's and continued through the SW-99's but pretty much didn't have a need to continue with that when we switched to the M&P's.