View Single Post

Old 02-05-2012, 10:16 AM

Liked 385 Times in 222 Posts

Power Factor is now 105 for SSR. This was done so that more of the lame .38 Special factory loads could be used. Good intentions for sure, but you know what they say about good intentions... What's really absurd is that you don't have to make PF in your match gun if your barrel is shorter than 4". What this means is I could shoot a match with my 2" barrel, do considerably less than 105 PF and still be perfectly legal as long as the gun makes 105 PF out of a 4" barrel, which somebody there is obligated to provide for verification purposes. If they can't calibrate the steel to fall with my loads, the stages will have to be thrown out of the match. I have shot a couple of local matches with my 2" Model 64 and I really like using it. One stage was a single popper at 25 yds. from behind a barricade, with only one shot allowed. I grabbed a heavy handload just to be sure I'd knock it down, but I won't ever do that again. I will use my (barely) legal ammo and force the issue if the steel doesn't fall. It's ridiculous that they'd have to accommodate me, but as the SO says when he's handing out procedurals, "Rules is rules..."

Dave Sinko