Thread: Melonite 4566
View Single Post

Old 02-07-2012, 11:18 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbinky View Post
Got mine!!!! I was checking out KTP's used guns last week and they had a 4566 "blackened" listed for $545, NS, box and three magazines. I emailed and asked if it was a factory Melonite gun, and they told me no. The S/N was only a few off from the ones posted here, so I called them and had them do a 7 day hold for me until I got home (travel a lot for work). Well, I walked in there today, "Black Friday", and when they brought it over - bingo, Melonite! I looked at it a bit and said "yup, this is the one", and promptly told them to get the adoption papers ready

It is a little dirty, the finish is almost perfect, even the grips are hardly scratched. The S/N on the box dosen't match the gun though, it is 20 numbers off. Oh well. This is my third Third Gen Smith. I have a Melonite Colorado State Patrol 4006 and a standatrd 5906. I like the Melonite. I just need to find a Melonite 5906, and sell the other one!
Mbinky,
Either you traded your 4566 in at KTP and I bought it. Or I happened to purchase a different 4566 with a box that is 20 digits off.
If you still have yours we might want to trade boxes.

I'm betting you traded yours in though.

Nice handgun...seems well kept.