View Single Post

Old 02-09-2012, 05:10 PM
US Veteran

Liked 1,455 Times in 401 Posts

I purchased mine in 1993 for $285.00. It came with the Pachmeyer grips (I think, as I replaced them years ago.) It is marked under the yoke CS-1 first line, second line is a lone numeral 2, and the third line is MOD. 686. Under the grips on the left side is a large letter S and a small round paper sticker with "33" printed on it. On the right side is a letter V in a circle and a triangle with a 1 inside and partially stamped over that is a heart shape with a 6 inside. The SN is AYU09XX which if I am reading the S&W catalog correctly puts it in 1987. It came in the blue and white S&W box with the SN printed on it, Product Code 104229 and Julian date of 9229. The upper left corner of the label has a 2 in a circle and there is a word "Features" with a letter M above. The revolver came with Millett sights which had never been zeroed as I could not raise the rear sight enough to get it to POA. I had to take quite a bit off the top of the front sight. It shoots like a dream and I carried it on duty until our dept dictated semi-autos.

If anyone cares to comment I am curious as to the Julian date and also the Millett sights. Thanks...........keep shootin'
The Following 2 Users Like Post: