View Single Post

Old 02-10-2012, 01:16 PM
Banned

Liked 109 Times in 53 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCWilson View Post
Don't I recall something about a three-three-three rule? The average gunfight involves three shots fired at a distance of three yards in the space of three seconds. This is true for everybody, so after the run of threes, an involved party should expect to be either victorious or out of commission. If the situation remains unresolved, both parties were undertrained; maybe the point doesn't need to be made, but it takes only one properly trained person to make a standard two-party gunfight.

Anyway, by my arithmetic a 19-3 can handle two average gunfights without reloading. If that's not enough, that's your call. But if you wanted to carry 12 rounds, wouldn't you rather have, say, all that ammo in two guns rather than in one? That way if you have a mechanical failure with your primary weapon, you have enough ammo for two gunfights in the reserve. That strikes me as a better option than 12 locked up in a black poly brick.

Half kidding, of course, but it remains the case that we all have to consider multiple strategies for improbable situations. Life's too short to agonize over barely differentiated options. There is always more than just one right way to do a thing, so don't let decision paralysis leave you unprepared to deal with the real problem rather than the preparation for it. Just go with what makes you most comfortable today, and don't think about alternatives that haven't risen to the top spot by themselves.

Oh sure bring LOGIC into it.