View Single Post

Old 02-13-2012, 11:00 AM
SWCA Member

Liked 2,744 Times in 551 Posts

I don't have the original receipt at my fingertips right now, but this is what I do have: Original price of the pistol was $369.00; BNIB is a MOD.686 marked CS 1. The inside frame is also marked 2 M, with the "2" being distinctly stamped deeper than the others. The pistol came with a 3" barrel and Pachmayr/Compac grips with medallion and cut out for serial number viewing. Inside the grips, appear the marking SK- 2 and WR below the "2".
The original blue cardboard box in mint condition with label in tact. 002 is the Model No.Serial No. is AYU0741, Product Code is 104228 and Spec. Ord. is 8266. Features is M. In the box is a Safety and Instruction manual (generic) marked 4/87 and a Warranty sheet marked 03342 REV 2/87. Tools included are a rod, brass brush, cleaning swag and a neat Sight Adjustment key.
My pistol is BNIB with a very faint turn line from factory test firing and probably less than twenty dry firings. The sights are standard S&W adjustables with black black rear blade and pinned black ramp front sight blade. Finish is frosted stainless.
I read about the CS 1 series way back when in an issue of Combat Handguns. That article included photos and specs on what made this series what it was. I'll locate that article as well as the bill of sale and get back...
jd SWCA #3276

Last edited by demkofour; 02-13-2012 at 11:13 AM. Reason: Added information...
The Following 3 Users Like Post: