Thread: 41mag vs 44mag
View Single Post

Old 02-16-2012, 06:15 AM

Liked 33 Times in 29 Posts

its kind of like the 10mm vs the .40 smith and wesson

you just cant find a box of ammo everywhere for a 10mm like you can with a .40 smith and wesson. ditto with the .41 mag, hence why everyone always defaults to the .44

and until a movie or a tv show gets popular with someone in the title role packing one and the demand for guns and ammo for them goes up of them its probably going to stay that way.

doesnt mean that their not great cartridges and they have their place its just its a pain in the *** to find factory ammo and if you just wanna shoot and not reload it pretty much takes it off the table for that kind of shooting recreation.

Not to mention the added price because of the availability of the cartridge and the guns made for it

also with the .44 mag I wouldnt put anything about 250 grains in mine, the model 29 is already a hopped up N frame to begin with and with anything above 250 they can develop problems from what I understand.

besides it has a very nice dirty harry boom noise to it with the factory remington 180 grain rounds moving at 1600 fps anyways.

Last edited by Kavinsky; 02-16-2012 at 06:24 AM.
The Following User Likes This Post: