View Single Post

Old 02-17-2012, 01:45 PM
SWCA Member

Liked 10,111 Times in 4,789 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by blujax01 View Post
The prices are only out of touch with reality if the guns don't sell. If the gun sells, it was valued correctly...
It's called market-value and it is indisputable.

Sometimes I see a used S&W that I want but what I am willing to pay is a ways away from its actual selling price. I may like the gun a great deal, but I just do not think the current price is "reasonable," according to my own built-in price barometer. The actual buyer thinks the price is reasonable enough that he pulls the trigger. This doesn't unduly influence me, much less make me consider another interest! I have been shooting, buying, tinkering with, and generally immersed in, S&W revolvers all of my life. During that period I have been out-spent over and over and over again by others with more money and/or more desire. I would never expect it to be otherwise. Don't see the current situation as anything really new - just accelerated by the electronic media, which we all enjoy. That same media has generally accelerated virtually everything it comes in contact with - both in good and not-so-good ways.