View Single Post

Old 02-17-2012, 04:46 PM

Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts

Well fella's we brought a lot of this on ourselves. When we talk about how great a revolver the 3 1/2inch mdl 27 is then everybody and his brother no matter what shape their 27 is in thinks that their's is worth what the top most price is. Just using the 27 as an example, it is a fine revolver, but is a shooter grade worth $700-$1100 I have seen them go for-no! But people are willing to pay that for them because we expound on how great a revolver it is and have threads and threads of comments about this revolver.
This could be said of others too, mdl 19's, 36's and 3inch 66's. And what about all the bandwidth we take up about mdl 29's and the poor man's working gun the mdl 28-look at what has happened to the price of these revolvers.
This is just my opinion but people other then members of this forum look at what we debate and praise and then they put their two cents into the mix and bingo!, the price of everything we talk on goes out the roof.
But the same is the true of other Forums too, have you looked at the price of old Ruger's and Colt's? Remember when you could pick up a three screw Blackhawk for a song or grab a Goverment Model for little or nothing?
So, do I complain about the cost of guns, you bet! But really, can we blame anyone else?
God Bless
Danny A.