View Single Post

Old 02-17-2012, 06:36 PM
SWCA Member

Liked 1,211 Times in 740 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNFrank View Post
Yep, everyone thinks that the old, beat up LEO trade in M10 they bought 15 years ago for $150 bucks is now worth $400 simply because a LNIB one sells for that much to a collector. I still can't see putting more then $400 into ANY S&W revolver, even the Lou Horton 657, 2.5" round butt that I use to own back in '89. It was a nice revolver but dang, there are just so many better options for Home Defense these days for $400 that I can't see putting that into a revolver and I DO love revolvers. Just not going to give my left gonad for one.

P.S.
I guess I could always jump on the ol' band wagon and list my 642-2 for sale at $500 bucks, someone would appreciate this "classic" revolver enough to pay that price for it. LOL

several observations:
everyone does not own a handgun simply for home protection...there are many other uses
the prices you quote relating to "to high" "i wouldn't pay that etc" are not realistic in todays market...not saying one cannot luck up on a great deal from time to time but overall they sell for more
you apparently have a need (or desire) for a large number of rounds...everyone doesn't...
you mention you would not pay more than $400 for ANY S&W revolver..thats fine..more for me!i'll be glad to pay $401 for that beautiful registered magnum!
SWCA#2208
KK4EMO
The Following 3 Users Like Post: