Thread: S&W 460
View Single Post

Old 02-19-2012, 09:31 AM

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

I have been shooting and reloading with my 460 for a long time and can agree with the muzzle blast.....ive been told to stay away from LIL GUN powder.....it increases top strap flame cutting......and been told the Hornady 200gn factory ammo is tuff on top straps as well. Ive got about every powder and multiple bullets, if your not sure about your crimp do not load up a full cylinder and shoot.....this gun will find a poor crimp and lock your cylinder up............my suggestion is to load 45 colt and 454 casull before you step up to the 460 loads......even a soft load is a very stout load. Ive been told 46 grains of H110 and a the 240gn bullets is a tight grouped load.....the loads calls for between 41-49.5 grains of H110...............after you shoot the 41 grain loads I doubt you will want to shoot the 49 grain loads. I have loaded rounds with gun that were within spec. and still locked my gun up and left the hammer in the cocked position after firing, I had to beat the cylinder open after....although the gun still functions great and is a blast to shoot.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_9904.jpg (100.9 KB, 214 views)