View Single Post

Old 02-20-2012, 05:17 PM
Banned

Liked 576 Times in 307 Posts

Because you are 20 minutes round trip from them, no, there is NO reason, other than available cash, as to not get the XL650.

I have two, one RL450B, 3 Square Deal Bs and a Lee Classic Cast Turret press. All of them function just like they are designed.

The ONLY complaint I have about the XL650 has to do with the primer system and an empty "hole". The primer apparatus still advances. After two or more, the primers fall on the floor.

I am working on a fix. When I get a good one, I will post it. At present, not so much! (Read, not duct tape, electrical tape! )

Now, I am NOT saying it is THE best press out there. Not saying that at all, period BUT, since you live so close, it makes it a no brainer.

The Hornady LNL AP is a great press too from all I have seen. Bob sure likes his and he is a great guy! They are red though, just so you know!

All kidding aside, you will not be sorry that you bought the Dillon. You will be out a bunch of cash but, they are well worth it, in my opinion.

Have fun, be safe, don't wait any longer to get started. Buy a manual, get a set of dies, get components or something, but wait no longer.

Time will never be better to start.

FWIW