View Single Post

Old 02-20-2012, 06:24 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fastbolt View Post
I didn't notice whether the new one was cast/machined or MIM. The impression I had of the forward part of the broken firing pin was that it was a cast/machined part, but like I said, I wasn't paying particular attention to that aspect. Doesn't concern me. MIM is just fine when done right. It can make better, more precise and complex shapes which work just fine in many Mapplications.

FWIW, when S&W revised the M&P strikers to strengthen them at the head, they switched from machined (original design) to MIM (revision). The MIM strikers are stronger due to design, and easier to manufacture due to being MIM. (The original machined strikers could sometimes break at a machined relief cut.)

Let 'em replace the firing pin and go out and shoot it again.

If the Bodyguard 380 was having significant problems it probably wouldn't have passed the LAPD's in-house T&E and have been authorized for secondary & off-duty weapon use.

Just looked online and googled bodyguard 380 firing pin broke.

There are a TON.of bodyguard users complaining about the broken pins. It is a a major issue.

Because a police department buys a bunch of guns, especially in cash strapped Kalifornia only tells me that S&W was the lowest bidder.