View Single Post

Old 02-20-2012, 07:03 PM
US Veteran

Liked 465 Times in 148 Posts

I had an earlier Bodyguard and after around 100 rounds it started to act up. I also could not get the slide to go back enough to field strip so I sent it back to S&W. When it came back it still had issues do I sold it and bought a j-frame 638. I found a new mod made in 2012 and bought it. I can not find anything that fits my hand and is that easy to pocket carry. I had no problem with accuracy, started about 10 ft, and worked my way back to 30 ft. Not a nail driver but all on a 12" target with all inside the body mass area. I do not know what to tell people what their problems are but my new gun has gone through 200 rounds of Winchester white box target rounds and not one problem. As far as I am concerned this is a great gun and I think S&W has filled a need that no other gun maker has addressed. While many people hate the safety I have no problem with it, I don't use it. As far as the trigger is concerned, I want a long and heavy trigger as it gives me a real margin of safety not afforded a single action trigger. This is the reason I have a j-frame 638 as I do not want the easy ability to single action the gun. I can on a 638 but it is not an easy and fast thing to accomplish. For those who do not like the gun I understand, try to find something by any maker that fills the space that allows you to carry always. Any gun is better that none. If you have any doubts, take your 22, load it with two rounds and shoot your self in the palm on the hand. Then shoot yourself again, I am joking but think about it. Would you really want to be shot in the hand by any gun? I hope not.
Frank.