View Single Post

Old 02-20-2012, 07:51 PM

Liked 6,615 Times in 2,198 Posts

When I called someone I know at the company, he told me he thought he'd heard the firing pin had recently been revised to incorporate a radius at a spot that was previously a sharp corner (where some firing pins are reported to have been broken).

I replaced a broken firing pin for another instructor. It had broken off at the front corner of the firing pin safety shelf.

The gun fired a box of rounds in the intended manner after the repair.

I strongly suggested the owner of that Bodyguard, and another of our folks who just bought one, to just shoot the guns and not sit around and engage in excessive dry-fire 'practice' with these little guns.

There's no way in the world I'd ever consider doing 2000 dry-fire cycles through this (or any other ) diminutive pocket pistol.

Does it really take experienced and skilled shooters more than 1-2 magazine loads of rounds being fired to figure out the long & heavy trigger stroke of this sort of gun and adapt to it? Once that's figured out, go to the range and shoot the gun as much as you can afford to shoot it, if you wish.

BTW, the only other couple of our guys who have bought and used their Bodyguards for quals (so far) have not had any problems with them.

Last edited by Fastbolt; 02-20-2012 at 07:55 PM.