View Single Post

Old 02-21-2012, 07:43 PM

Liked 6,613 Times in 2,198 Posts

FWIW, the person with whom I discussed the matter didn't pretend it was an isolated case, but neither did it sound like he'd been hearing about a lot of them, either.

You also have to remember that the bank of customer service phones are receiving calls for ALL S&W products and services. I've been told this might mean some days there are less than 20 people manning the phones, or up to 35 people on other days. These folks might be new employees, or they might be folks who have worked elsewhere within the company for over more than a 30 year career. Just depends. I've called and spoken with a regular CS person for minor things I needed (instead of waiting to connect with a designated, more experienced LE contact person), and had them tell me they were completely unfamiliar with what I was talking about or asking for. It can happen. I either had them hand me off to someone else, or I waited and discussed my needs (or problem) with the LE contact, spoke to technician, etc.

It doesn't surprise me at all that someone there might answer the phone and not have heard of a specific complaint or reported problem with one of the numerous products and services they market, let alone one involving one of the many, many firearms they sell.