View Single Post

Old 02-21-2012, 08:37 PM

Liked 6,647 Times in 2,564 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skip Sackett View Post
I have seen one in action and that is one of the things that kind of "freaked me out" about it really. There is a whole lotta movin' goin' on all the time. The only other thing that is a minus in my opinion is that the tool head is nonexistent. I know there are bushings but, if I count right, that is a minimum of 5 movements to get them out. 2 pins on the XL650 and you are done UNLESS you don't purchase an extra tool head. $15-$20 used through ebay.

Just sayin'......................

Both are great machines and capable of producing a bunch of quality ammo in a hurry. Neither one should be put down. They just have differences is all. The ONLY thing that makes one better than the other is personal preference, period.
The LNL bushing system is an advantage over the Dillon/Lee toolhead system because you can easily add/remove/setup dies individually. Makes it easier to adjust the dies - you can concentrate on one without the others interfering.

At the start of a reloading session, I like to remove all of the dies except the powder measure and do a bunch of test throws to verify that it is throwing what I want. Then plug the rest in and start loading.

I also have a couple different seating dies depending on the bullet - one is for wadcutters and is set for almost no crimp. Another is set for full power SWC with heavy crimp. I just swap the one die, and don't have to touch the others.