View Single Post

Old 02-22-2012, 04:27 AM

Liked 362 Times in 268 Posts

Then you are probably not shooting at competitive speeds. I can't think of any speed/action shooters who use a VG. The ones that do don't grab the VG either but just use it as a stop to keep their off hand against. I tried a VG and the Magpul AFG. The later was fine when using a quad rail. But the hot setup is a bare free float handguard, grabbed right at the end (and use a longer one). I ended up replacing the original polymer quad rail handguard with a Nordic 1.62" alloy FFHG from their NC22. I watched both BJ Norris and Jerry Miculek and they wrapped 1-2 fingers around the end of a rifle length FFHG when shooting either an AR15-22 or an AR w/.22 upper. I found I like grabbing the end of the handguard and wrapping my index finger around the end below the barrel and the other fingers around the barrel of the handguard. This produces the fastest transitions and a rock steady hold that you can snap to the next target. I would not use this hold for precision shooting but for action shooting like 3-gun, Multi-gun, Zombie shoots, USPSA rimfire type matches, Steel Challenge, and Ruger Rimfire Challenge, this works the best.
The Following User Likes This Post: