View Single Post

Old 02-22-2012, 05:58 PM

Liked 284 Times in 131 Posts

Quote:
Their steel framed guns were as heavy as boat anchors, and none of them were as reliable across the board as the older Sigs and Berettas.
I don't know where you got that information. Is that first hand experience or are you repeating something someone else told you? I've had my fair share of 3rd Gen models and currently one resides and has earned it's place under my pillow-the best and most reliable 45 ACP I've ever had and one which has never failed in 21 years...the 4506. I'd pit it against any plastic marvel that's out there. I love my HK USP-C 45 but it too has the plastic frame but one heck of a fine weapon. I wouldn't sell the 4506 and keep the HK, however. The 4506 will be with me till the end. Again, none finer as for reliability. SWC's GDHP's, HST, hardball or the Flying Ashtray, Corbon-it never cared what you fed it and still don't. Hell, I fed it frozen green beans once and it eat that as well!!

I had a SIG P220(German) about the same time I bought the 4506 and while a touch more accurate, it was no more reliable than the Smith. Today's P220 I wouldn't give $300 for one.
The Following 2 Users Like Post: