View Single Post

Old 02-22-2012, 07:13 PM

Liked 385 Times in 139 Posts

A shoulder rig is a very good way to carry a weapon without taxing your pants with the weight of the weapon and magazine. Being a skinny guy I can hide any gun I want, but add in a double-stack magazine and it looks like im a cable repairman hiding a cordless drill under my shirt.

The Galco rig I ordered came with very long straps. Big guys won't have a problem fitting the rig. I would highly recommend the fitment instructions are followed to the letter in the package, and do your best to comfortably tuck the holstered weapon as close to your armpit as possible for best access. It won't look 'right' as one is typically used to the Hollywood image of shoulder holsters keeping the gun hanging by the waist,but those guys never needed to draw a firearm in a life or death situation.

Either have a large mirror handy or a second person to ensure the spiderweb of the horizontal shoulder rig is centered properly.Once that's done and you wear it consistently for a week the weight will disappear from your awareness.