View Single Post

Old 02-23-2012, 04:43 PM

Liked 229 Times in 118 Posts

Maybe we should all print off copies of this thread, add a quick cover letter, and mail it off to each of these guys at S&W, or at least the President of Smith & Wesson:

Directors and Officers

DIRECTORS
Barry M. Monheit

Robert L. Scott

Michael F. Golden

P. James Debney

Robert H. Brust

John B. Furman

Mitchell A. Saltz

I. Marie Wadecki

OFFICERS
P. James Debney
President and CEO

Jeffrey D. Buchanan
Executive Vice President, Chief Financial Officer, Secretary and Treasurer

Barry K. Willingham
President of Smith & Wesson Security Solutions

Mark P. Smith
VP Manufacturing and Supply Chain Management

Mario Pasantes
Sr. VP Marketing and Global Professional Sales

I for one would like to see the following, in Melonite & SS finishes offered:

4013/4014
3913/3914
4506/03
4040 (Shorty 40 Mk3 in Black Scandium)

And probably a few DAO variants of the above.

While my 3rd generation S&W collection is ever growing, and my daily carry is a mint 4014, I'm sorely tempted to get a SIG P239® SAS Gen 2 for my next gun. That way I can keep my beloved 4014 in the safe much of the time. Of course, if I could find another nice LNIB or NIB 4014, or buy a new "4th Gen S&W metal pistol, I wouldn't even think about buying a SIG..

I'd rather buy new S&W products. For revolvers I still can. If I want a 1911 I still can. But for the kind of guns I really want to buy - I can't. And what I want to buy, along with a lot of others, are reasonably compact, all metal, preferably alloy or scandium, single stack .40S&W and .45 DA/SA pistols with hammers.

And the funny thing is, a lot of guys that start with striker fired plastic guns, that get to try a 3rd gen, immediately start looking for a S&W 3rd gen pistol. My son started with a Walther PPS (and likes it for it's thin carry capabilities and general quality), then bought an FNP 9mm because he is getting smart and gravitating to hammer fired DA/SA fire systems; and now he is wanting a 4013/4014 because he likes my 4014, 5906's, and others so much.

My favorite 3rd gen that I don't own, and that I'm looking for, is a mint Shorty 40 or 4040PD.