View Single Post

Old 02-24-2012, 12:28 PM

Liked 1,443 Times in 342 Posts

My Dad died at age 55 of a massive heart attack in 1984.Around late 1997 I started to notice some chest pain on occasion.At that time I was 43,about the same age he started having trouble.Well I lived with it til spring of 99 without telling my wife,although she sensed something wasn't right.Wasn't bad pain but then again there is no such thing as good pain,especially chest pain.So after she found out she proceeded to persuade(you married guys know what persuade means)to go to doctor.Yep,here comes the stress test.Having two daughters and three stepdaughters and working with the public I thought every day was a form of stress test and I passed all that on a daily basis.Day of the real deal came and the nurse administering the test was a short stout Kathy Bates of a woman with a real sour disposition.You smoke? She asked.Yep I said.With half smile and half sneer she said"You won't finish this test"Well she did her best with the speed and incline controls to make me fail,but I'm kinda stubborn and I finished the test and lived through it.I told her I should have bet her and taken her money.She wasn't amused.From there it was on to a heart cath "Just to make sure"I was told.Everything was fine. Coming up on 58 in a few months,still have occasional pain but figure every day is a gift and try to make the most of it.