View Single Post

Old 02-24-2012, 12:48 PM

Liked 3,590 Times in 816 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by john14_18 View Post
Having a few problems so cardiologist set up stress test that I took today. The last one of these I took, you had to get wired up, get on treadmill and get the heart pumping to the rate they want or have a heart attack, whichever comes first.

The one I took today is called a PET/CT cardiac stress test. It took all of 15 minutes from beginning to end. You are first injected with a tracer, run through a CT scanner lying flat on your back. You are then injected with a drug that actually dilates your blood vessels and you are scanned again.Dilation lasts about 6 minutes.

I highly recommend this test. I felt absolutely nothing, heart rate only went up about 10 beats per minute and your blood pressure actually goes down.

Not only is it easy to take but is compared to 98% accuracy vs 75% accuracy in treadmill test. Trinity hospital is the only one in my area that offers it so not sure if it is available everywhere.

Just thought I would let ya'll know.
The downside of the easy test is they charged my insurance company $7,000.00, and then 4 months after the test said I was fine, I had a heart attack and needed triple bypass surgery to correct the blockages not founds by the expensive drug induced stress test.