Thread: Lubricants
View Single Post

Old 02-26-2012, 05:33 AM

Liked 25,707 Times in 8,687 Posts

About 30 some-odd years ago I stumbled onto a product that I have stuck with. I have tried all the new lubes, cleaners and preservatives as they come onto the market, and still find it to be the best of what is out there. That product is RIG #2 Oil - NOT to be confused with their famous RIG Universal Grease which is TOPS for preservation & rust prevention.

The RIG product line was recently sold to Birchwood - Casey and is now available once again after a year's absence from the market.

The product is truly EXCELLENT at cleaning, lubrication and preventing rust. It is similar to Remoil, although I actually think it is better. The product's carrier evaporates soon after application and leaves behind it's rust prevention and lubricant so that you don't get an oily residue on the gun. The Rig will NOT attract dirt, dust or particles, and will not hurt a wood finish if it gets on it. It actually smells pleasant as an added bonus, and is low on the toxicity listings.

I have a cabinet full of CLP, Tri-Flow, Hoppes, Remoil, Outers, G96, Kroil, Ezox, Miltec, S&W, Shooter's Choice, etc. and the RIG #2 is STILL my go-to gun product. I also use the stuff all around the house fro anything that squeaks, sticks, or needs lubrication. Love the stuff!!

Chief38
The Following User Likes This Post: