Thread: Annoyed at S&W
View Single Post

Old 02-26-2012, 08:09 PM

Liked 114 Times in 72 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by obiwankabaldi View Post
wow surprised to read such a negative review....I have 4 M&P's and love them. Yes the slide does shut on mag insertion but if you read any reviews here you would know that this is the way they were designed to operate. The part about unsafe would only apply "if you had your finger on the trigger while you inserted the magazine" No safety issue on the guns part but "yours". Also, range guns are abused to say the least. I am not saying that your assessment is wrong but do think that it is biases by trying a gun that obviously you had not read the manual for and did not have a good representation of. Try a new one or one that has been properly maintained and approach the slide activation during magazine insertion with an open mind and you may find that you actually like the M&P's......
x2 on everythng you said here. I have a 5" Pro Series and don't have any issues with it, and yes, my slide releases on magazine insertion. Mine has no thumb safety or magazine safety either and like it this way. Can't wait to get a Pro Series in .40 S&W.