Thread: Annoyed at S&W
View Single Post

Old 02-27-2012, 08:09 AM
Absent Comrade

Liked 1,531 Times in 729 Posts

Thanks for sharing your experiences. I tend to filter both positive and negative feedback. I visit other forums that feature guns I have or guns I like. I avoided buying a Diamondback DB9 because of disastrous reviews. I am not a LEO, I bought a M&P22 and liked it so well I bought a M&P9. I found out afterward the two guns aren't really mechanically similar at all. The reason I bought is ergonomics. I know better than to trash the Glock. AFAIK, Glocks are fine weapons, but they don't fit my hand at all. I have read many bad reviews of Kimbers, and I had a quality issue with my Ultra CDP II that a local gunsmith resolved for $40. If you just read the reviews, you might assume I was stupid to pay $1200 for my Kimber. However, I love the gun and it probably won't ever be for sale as long as I can shoot. I also have a Kel Tec PF-9. Again, there are a lot of negative reviews. It is my go to carry weapon. I actually like to shoot it, but it isn't made to be shot every week. Other than a bent ejector which was replaced free by Kel Tec mine has been trouble free.

Regarding the M&P9, mine is relatively new. My hand fits the weapon like it was designed for my hand. Mine shot dead nuts on at 7 yards right out of the box. In the near future plan to buy another mag or two (along with some 22 mags when I find them). I also plan to buy a carry holster. If I could only own one handgun it'd be a 1911, but the M&P has a place in my (small) arsenal.

Last edited by jaykellogg; 02-27-2012 at 08:12 AM.