View Single Post

Old 02-27-2012, 11:08 AM

Liked 362 Times in 268 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardC View Post
Bowling pin top rimfire match at 21 feet.

The 15-22 sent them downrange every time and the pintops were taken off the table with authority.

When I did my part.
You just think they functioned flawlessly, just like xxxxxxxxxxxxxx that is clueless about ballistics. If you try and shoot them any farther down range than about 10 yards you will find they start keyholing. A 1:16 twist rate barrel is not sufficient spin rate to stabilize the bullet. Same reason you can't get 77g Sierra Matchking .223 rounds to shoot accurately in a military 1:9 twist rate M-16 barrel. When a bullet is not spinning fast enough for its sectional density it starts to rotate around its balance point. In short it tips over and starts to flip, then you don't know where the bullet will be going. The Aguila SSS needs a 1:9 spin rate barrel to prevent this.
Nothing you can do with a 1:16 twist rate barrel is going to prevent this. The only thing you did was hit targets so close it was not happening yet. Nobody said they won't fire out of any .22 except those with a match chamber (don't try this with the PC model).
And by the way at our bowling pin matches we shoot full size tenpins with .22lr handguns (and centerfire). And they have to be completely cleared off the table. I usually average around 3sec for 5 pins with my race Buckmark(you can check the scores at our club website if you think I'm kidding).
I use Mini-Mags which are plenty able to take a 3.5# bowling pin off a table with 1 shot.

Last edited by handejector; 02-29-2012 at 07:07 PM. Reason: insult removed
The Following User Likes This Post: