View Single Post

Old 02-29-2012, 03:26 PM

Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts

Gentlemen:

Perhaps I could have saved some unnecessary fuss and feathers if I had taken time to preface my report with:

" While it is common knowledge that 60GR rimfire bullets require a faster rate of twist than the 15-22 offers, I thought this upcoming pintop match at our club would be a great opportunity to test out the old heavy & slow versus faster and light debate but with rimfire ammo on bowling pintops with rifle and pistol... So, I ordered a few boxes from Midway USA with the intent of trying them out and having some fun with friends while doing so."

Photoracer:

I would like to point out that the match rules were published months in advance, and specified bowling pin tops at 21 feet. It was NOT a silhouette match nor a metric prone regional.

"Nobody said they won't fire out of any .22 except those with a match chamber." Really?

From the Midway website :
" This ammunition is new-production and non-corrosive and is recommended for use in bolt action rifles. "

SSS Sniper Subsonic Ammo 22 Long Rifle 60 Grain Lead Round Nose

That's a pretty clear warning that it may not function properly in semi-autos, which is why I thought to share my experience in the 15-22 forum.

Your assertion that I am an idiot, and ignorant of internal and external ballistics knowledge is misguided.

Your condescending lecture belongs in another thread, not this one, as does your self-aggrandizing boast about your Superhero performance with a "race Buckmark" at your own club matches.
I really don't care.

What does give me concern is your continued irrational response to a forum member simply sharing observations from a shooting event.

Do you react this way in real life?

Last edited by handejector; 02-29-2012 at 07:10 PM. Reason: retort removed
The Following User Likes This Post: