Thread: A 9 mm j-frame
View Single Post

Old 03-01-2012, 03:41 AM
US Veteran

Liked 542 Times in 218 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tekarra View Post
M2MikeGolf,
Keep beating that drum and hope S&W is listening.
Bring back the 940 in 2" & 3" barrels and the 547 in 3" & 4" barrels. The 547 extractor in the 940 would be terrific.
I just can't give up on it, will just have to be happy to have two 4" 547s in the meantime. I closed the deal on the one here in Germany last week, just waiting on the paperwork. Pretty happy about it, it's NIB just like my Texas 547.

I know I keep reposting that cartridge comparison, but it's just too dramatic to keep to myself (or so I think). On another thread awhile back, I kept seeing posts from people saying they saw no purpose in 9mm in a revolver, so this is my comeback. The difference is pretty serious between .38 spl and 9mm and you even get a power increase. I laugh often at the 9x19 detractors, it is proven and effective as long as the shooter fufills their part of the shooting responsibility. Even if S&W never puts a 9mm revolver back into production, I'm just happy there's still something out there!

Besides a 3" RB 547, a 3" 940 (just like Sebago Son!)is on my "gotta find" list when I return to the US.