View Single Post

Old 03-01-2012, 03:33 PM

Liked 4,916 Times in 1,705 Posts

I would pass... Go over to GunBroker and type in 57 Nickel. There is one described as 99% but no box for $700.00. P&R, TT, TH and TS...doesn't even look fired.

Then hit Advanced Search and look at Completed Items. There is a LN 6" nickel no box that sold for $655.00

"Smith & Wesson Model 57 no dash; pinned and recess; 6” bbl.; factory nickel; 99% factory nickel remains; serial #N650374; made 1980; grips near mint; PERFECT action and bore;"

..another that sold for $600...

"Smith & Wesson Model 57, Nickel Plated .41 Magnum Revolver

1-S&W Model 57
6 Shot Double Action Revolver
Caliber .41 Magnum
Stocks Original Magna Target Grips
Target Hammer
Target Trigger
Red Ramp Front Sight
White Outline Adjustable Rear Sight
Extra Set of Hogue Wrap Around Grips
2 Speedloaders

This is an original Model 57 in excellent condition. It has all of the features originally offered including a pinned barrel and recessed cylinders.

With this deal you get the Model 57, extra Hogue Rubber Grips and two speedloaders!"

And another without the original grips but with reloading equipment...sold for $650...

"S&W M57 in bright nickel finish SN83xxxx, no dash. 5.75 inch barrel, target hammer, trigger and sights. Adjustable rear sight, red ramp insert front sight. Hogue grips. Barrel is pinned and cylinder recessed. Complete with original wood presentation case, cleaning rod and sight adjustment screwdriver, reproduction manual. Flocking inside case dissolved over time, so recovered in Royal Purple velour. The pistol has been lightly used, and is in very good to excellent condition. I bought this in the fall of 1982. Mostly it has resided in my gun cabinet other than accompanying me on an occassional backpacking trip. Probably fired about 250 rounds through it, busting milk jugs out to 100 yards. Used the .41 mag this year on a Montana hunt to take a mule deer at 78 yards (with iron sights). The gun looks good and shoots good. RCBS reloading dies and shell holder included. Must ship overnight to FFL. 3 day inspection period, buyer pays return shipping. Item must be received in same condition as sent."

$800 is way too much without it being excellent with the box...

Bob

Last edited by SuperMan; 03-01-2012 at 03:54 PM.
The Following User Likes This Post: