View Single Post

Old 03-02-2012, 07:20 AM

Liked 119 Times in 73 Posts

Best barrel length for hunting iMO. I'm up to 45 deer with my no dash 57. People are seeing what a .41 mag can do, which is everything a .44 can do with a little less recoil. Lots of great bullets out there for handloading and the round shoots flat, is inherently accurate and hits hard. I'm down to one .44 mag and don't even shoot it anymore as it's a special 3" 629. Had 3 and and my .41 did everything they did so I didn't need to reload another caliber.

That price is not bad at all IMO. Timings everything and if it's what you want go for it. Don't let 50.00 - 100.00 change your mind. especially if you buy on line and pay for the shipping fee's. If I had just one caliber for doing everything it would be a .41 mag. Have thousands of rounds loaded up and all the fixings to reload a couple thousand more. Will take anything from a brown bear (with a cool headed back up) to a rabbit. Head shots with my 6" are easy on them at 30 yards and less.

Warning:

They are addicting. Still pack my old 6" and still get a deer bout every year with it. It will hit a gallon jug of water at 100 yards on a regular basis, shooting from a rest with no coffee in me. Now keep my shots to 50 yards max. (love my range finder). If I scoped it a 100 yd. shot would be a piece of cake, but I still have some good vision left.

Here is my tribe to wet your appetite. I packed the 3' 657 alot for hiking and camping. That was before the prices went through the roof on them. It's also a very accurate revolver and people really look at ya when ya light one off at the range. The 58 is a house weapon and a darn good one at that.

57 nickel no dash with presentations. Don't shoot this one much as it's a 99% revolver.

Last edited by Sportsterguy; 03-02-2012 at 07:24 AM.
The Following 2 Users Like Post: