View Single Post

Old 03-02-2012, 10:01 AM
SWCA Member

Liked 1,844 Times in 469 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by colt_saa View Post
I will ageree with BOB, $800 is high on the model 57.

I live in South Foirda and they hardly sell here at all. They do not command the prices of other N-frames.

About 5 or 6 weeks ago I picked up a model 57 that was sitting in my LGS case for a few months. Admittedly it is 8 3/8" which is why I let it sit. I already had both a 57 and 657 in that barrel length.

The one in the used case barely had a turn line. It was missing the box and papers but I walked out with it for an offer of $450. It is cleaner than the one I already owned and it is P&R.

Back in January I picked up a 2 5/8" Performance Center 657 (pre lock) for $700. This give me a NY reload if I decide to carry the 657 UDR. At that price I did not even haggle, I just paid for it. Almost forgot to mention the best part......the serial umber is my birthday. It was a sign.

Last August I bought a 4" model 57 from a local individual for $500. Not super clean but 4" 57s are a little harder to find.

There are lots of deals out there if you look and are willing to negotiate a little. It is mostly a matter of patience
Quite agree. The 41 magnum is a caliber that appeals to those who handload for it or are willing to do so. Like the 44 Special, it is a connoiseur's caliber and sellers can wait a while for a motivated buyer to come along. It is only because of recent collector interest that they have gone up in price on the older examples.