View Single Post

Old 03-02-2012, 10:56 AM

Liked 16 Times in 11 Posts
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stainz View Post
I met a friend at the range late last year. He had his new 4" 8x .22 SP101 - I had my year old 3" 63. I was impressed with his Ruger - it was far better than the old .22 SP101 from years ago - it has a real adjustable rear sight. It also had a good for a Ruger - but still an obviously new Ruger - SP101 trigger. My 3" 63, little change from NIB 11/10, was significantly smoother and more predictable in it's DA trigger release. At the end of the day, my 3" 63 was the winner. It just feels like a better quality revolver. The '60 Pro' grips help. Oddly, he paid a premium to get the first new .22 SP101 - and could have had a new 3" 63 for the money spent.

Here is my 3" 63 - and a holstered 3" 60 Pro. Both sport '60 Pro' grips - and fit the S&W Accessories' 3" J-frame holster sh0wn:

If you realy want the Ruger, find some way to buy it. I believe you'll be sick later if you trade or sell that 63 to fund the SP101. YMMV.

Stainz
Those "pro" grips on the Model 60 and 63 look great. I'm beginning to get the message that I should keep the Model 63.....But I sure want to try out the new Ruger. May have to wait until Uncle Sam sends me that tax refund check....