View Single Post

Old 03-02-2012, 03:33 PM

Liked 9 Times in 3 Posts

Ok here's what happened. I send the frame off to s&w along with pictures of my dad during his career as a deputy sheriff and the following letter :      Enclosed is the frame to my fathers nickel 586. My father is a retired deputy sheriff and he has used this weapon through the entirety of his law enforcement career. A few years back my parents home burnt and his 586 was in the fire. I am trying to restore this weapon for him as a surprise for his 73 birthday. I have acquired most all of the parts but I need to make sure the frame is still safe and in spec after being in the fire. I have also included the trigger and hammer assembly. I would like to have you re-nickel the frame and re-case color the hammer and trigger. Any help you can provide will be appreciated beyond belief!! I have enclosed some pictures of his gun after the fire , also a couple pics of my father during his career. Below is my contact info im also including a business card. Thank you so much in advance! . I get a phone call and a voice mail from s&w that said " hello mr Gilbert, I have a frame here and there's nothing I can do with this thing so just letting you know we're sending it back " the guy sounded very sarcastic and aggrevated that he had to call me! Today I receive it in a box from fed ex, no explanation, just my frame wrapped in paper in a cardboard box. If they could not repair it I understand , but I expected a little more of a personal response especially since I made it clear how important this was to me. I currently own several s&w firearms but from this point forward I'll never buy a new product from them.