Thread: Lubricants
View Single Post

Old 03-02-2012, 04:11 PM

Liked 9 Times in 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GyMac View Post
I recall a test a few years ago where a writer did a test immersing a nail in a salt water solution. The nail was first coated with different lubricants, including the new wonder lubes. Breakfree CLP won hands down.
That's hilarious to me, because Breakfree CLP is some of the worst liquid I have put on my guns (intentionally...) especially when it comes to rust prevention. I just seems to...evaporate off of the gun. I have also tried the kind with no solvent...same issues.

I have had numerous people talk of similar experiences. Whenever I talk with military persons, I generally try to ask how their CLP performed. Most of them hate it...but it's all they had. One gentleman told me that they kept it in a spray bottle (like a windex bottle) and they would douse their .50 cal bolts in it after every belt of ammo (just squirt the top of the bolt with the feed-cover open), because it would evaporate from the heat quickly.

I really apologize, but in my usage and research, Breakfree CLP is some of the worst poo imaginable. If it works for you, I am glad, really. I just hate to see people defend it because "the military uses it" when they haven't even tried the stuff (or they haven't tried it properly). GyMac, I am not saying that is the case with you, man. I see it a lot on other forums.